Saturday, April 16, 2011

Baths and Clean Sheets

They just gave him a bath and changed his bedding. It's amazing how they do it. They use a soap that doesn't have to be rinsed. They have a bowl of warm soapy water and rub him down. Two of them do it. Then because his sheets are wet they change the bedding. Roll him to one side and take the old off and start putting the new on. Then roll him to the other side and do it again.

His nurse and the gal who helped are both African American. Not that that makes a differance but the one that came to help is so funny. She was scrubbing his head and hair and was getting behind his ears and said "we can't have any potatoes growing behind there". She just kept rolling them off and had us laughing. Ashton didn't think it was all that great tho. He doesn't enjoy being manipulated around a lot. Anyway, she was really funny and hopefully he feels a little better now. I know Ray and I will feel better once we can get a shower. In fact she was teasing Ray about getting him scrubbed up also.

5 comments:

Olsen's said...

I hope everything continues to get better from here on out. Your in our prayers.

Gaylene said...

This makes my heart happy. Love you guys!

carolyn q said...

I am glad that yesterday was a much better day. Oh, that has to help him feel better getting cleaned.
I about cried when I read that Nate came and Ray's side of the family. You guys need that support. . .I can only imagine your Dad is also there too.
Praying for good thing today and always.
luv ya!

Yvonne said...

we are following your posts and so glad to hear things are improving bit by bit. Love You All!
yvonne

Erin said...

I'm with Carolyn Q. I think your dad is there too! I'm so glad he was able to get bathed. I'm glad the nurses were nice and made you laugh. Laughter is the best medicine! Praying Ashton has a GREAT day today....and all of you too! Love you!