Saturday, April 16, 2011

SURPRISE

What a surprise we received today. Ray had gotten a text from nate telling him to go to the elevators. He was thinking Ok? So he went out and went to the elevators and surprise, there was nate, two of rays brothers and his dad. They flew out this morning and came to visit. Wow, I couldn't believe it when ray walked in with nate. If you know me at all you know what I did.....yep ran to him and started crying. It was so good to see him. Any way, we took everone in one at a time to see ashton. He really recognized nate and when nate held his hand ashton squeezed it.

They came bearing gifts and cards for Ashton and snacks for us. He will love reading all the cards once he is up and feeling better.

I know everyone has been waiting for an update today and I'll finally get it. Our little surprise has set us back. So he had a pretty good night. The xray from this morning looked good. Not excellent but better than yesterday. His blood gases are coming back good also. They hope to get the breathing tube out either tomorrow or Monday. He got a lot weaker from putting in the 3 chest tubes yesterday so now he has to have the breathing tube in longer. They are giving him chest treatments so he won't get pneamonia (however you spell it). The treatments just consist of patting on his chest and back. And they are rolling him from his left side, to right side to back every 2 hours. All in all today is much better than yesterday. We realize that things can change in an instant so we are still holding our breath.

4 comments:

MAYBERRY said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sam and Lacey said...

what a great surprise!! I am so glad they were able to make it. How neat! It sounds like your spirits are a little bit better today. Let hope things just keep going up. Hang on! Love ya.

Larry said...

Tears! Love surprises like that. Took Shandon to his friends grandparents in Santa Clara a few minutes ago. It was the opportunity I had been needing this week to go and visit my little Jeffrey. After my visit, couldn't wait to check the blog to check on my little Ashton. How blessed I am to have such WONDERFUL young men in my life. Such examples of fighting the fight and enduring. Love my boys. Gotta go, need the tissues. So gald things are looking up. Love you guys!

Erin said...

OH MY!!! What a wonderful surprise! (Tears here too!) I'm glad they were able to make the trip. What a little comfort that must be to you! That's awesome!