Saturday, September 10, 2011

A Very Busy But Fun Week....

It has been a very busy, but fun week. I worked a lot of hours (thanks Sara) but that is a good thing. I got to spend some time with Lacey this week (btw, her kids are darling). On Wednesday Keanna played a powder puff game beings it is Pine Views homecoming week. The juniors lost by 1 point but it was all for fun anyway. Then on Friday it just was crazy. My friend Carolyn Q. had gotten me tickets to the Rascal Flatts concert. Ya I know, I couldn't believe it either. So Sara let me get off work at 1:30. We left St. George about 2:15. Everything was going fine, until we got to Utah County. The traffic and construction were horrible. We were finally able to get through it to meet Rays brother Ryan who had our tickets. Thanks for picking them up and meeting us. By the time we got to the Usana Theater where the concert was it was 8. Yep, it took us 6 hours. I sure don't miss all the traffic. But we got parked, grabbed something to eat and prepared for a great concert. And it was very good. Except it was a little chilly (I so love St. George weather) and they never sang my favorite song...I
Miss Mayberry. But like I said, it was still a good concert. And
wow people can be crazy. The crowd alone provided for some very
interesting entertainment. After the concert we headed back home.
We got home at 3:30. AM that is. We had barely gotten to bed when
my alarm when off at 4:45 to go running. It was an important run
today as part of our marathon training. Holly and Lacey were up
with me before the sun was even thinking of rising to go run 20
miles. And yep, we did it. Then after that i had a meeting and had
to go to work for a bit. While I was running around doing my
thing Ray was preparing to fly back east. Ray has accepted a new
job. Unfortunately it is out of state again. But this time its
much closer. He will be coming home every weekend. If you would
like to hear the details of the job please either text or email
me.

It is now going on 11 o'clock and we are finally winding down. Even though I'm absolutely exhausted I'm so thankful for the chance to go to the concert. And to be able to be back home to keep with my training.

2 comments:

carolyn q said...

I am so thrilled that it worked out that you could attend the concert. . .you needed a break even if it was a fast trip up to the concert and back, just glad you were safe.
Jus think I drive through that stinking Utah County construction everyday getting to work and back, not fun at all.
Look forward to see you in a couple of days!
(HUGS)

Lauravanmeer said...

Going from blog to blog, I discovered your blog. You have a beuatiful family