As most of you have heard, the waiting game continues. The surgeon reviewed the MRI and didn't think there is room on the right ventricle to put the conduit. He admitted he has only been practicing for 3 years and said another surgeon with more experience under his belt might be able to do it. Even though this was not the news we wanted to hear we are thankful he admitted to it and didn't just go in and try it. So now the cardiologist is contacting some surgeons in other states to see if they will review all the tests and give us their opinion. So for now we keep Ashton hydrated and wait for a call again.
In the meantime we have brought the trailer to moms house, where we have been trying to get it for a year now. We are so thankful to Matts brother for letting us borrow his truck so we could take the trailer. The problem with coming to moms is we totally let down while we are here and don't want to go home to reality. So, we decided to stay. Ray has been getting a lot of little things done around the house and yard that have needed to get done. And of course mom spoils us with yummy dinners and Rick always has to tease me a little bit. What are big brothers for, right?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I like the pictures! Glad your staying in Salina for a bit, I know that will help give some peace in your heart. I will probably go down with Dad next week for your dad's b-day.
I haven't wanted to bother you as you are possibly getting word about the next step, but our prayers and thoughts are with you guys. I just know something good will come from it. I am also glad that the surgeon spoke up and was honest instead of going through with it. Maybe the fasting and prayers were more for the doctor involve.
(HUGS)
Post a Comment