Sunday, June 28, 2009

Finally...

I'm finally posting. I know, it's been a long time.
And a lot sure has happened. I will try to get you all updated without boring you to death. Let's see. Savanah was supposed to come and visit, but they all ended up coming. It was great. Then we all left from here to go to my family reunion. It ended up being cold, blowing and rainy. Luckily we were able to go inside a building to get out of the weather. Then we stayed over night at mom and dad's. It's always good to visit them. My brother Rick had surgery on his back the next day, Monday.

A week later, on Father's day, which by the way, a happy father's day to all the wonderful father's in my life, we left in the morning and had four full days ahead of us. Our first stop was to see "Big Rock Candy Mountain". I could remember going there as a kid so I wanted to take my kids. It ended up not being what we thought. It is a resort, and looked like a lot of fun to stay there. Ray and I thought there was a visitors center. Nope, there's not. So we took some pictures and got on the road again.

Notice Keanna's hair??? She cut all of her long hair off. She cut so much she was able to donate it. We really think the new cut is cute. She can pull of almost anything.



Here is a picture of the rock candy. It's even
different from what I remember. I remember
it being as hard as a rock. This candy is more
like a jelly bean. It tastes good though. :)

Then we stopped at my parent's to wish my dad a happy father's day and to visit my brother. His surgery went well and now its just a slow road of recovery. We had a very nice lunch and then we were on the road again.
Our next stop was to see Ray's parents. They weren't even expecting us so it was a fun surprise.
Then we backtracked to Nate and Hazel's. Both
kids were sleeping when we got there. Isn't
Savannah an absolute beautiful Sleeping Beauty?!!!
Hazel had a very nice dinner for us and then yep,
I got my hair colored.
The next day, monday was a long day spent at the hospital having a lot of tests run. We got there at 10:30 and finished at 5:00. Ashton had an EKG (he hates all the sticky things), an ultrasound, xrays and labs. Everything looked pretty good. The ultrasound showed that his heart is squeezing good, the xray showed that both diaphrams are working, and the labs showed that the blood count we have been watching has come down 6 points. Which tells us the oxygen at night and keeping him hydrated seems to be working to some degree. His blood count is still high though so we have to watch it close. We will now do a test at home to check his SATS while he is sleeping. If that test comes out ok then we will hang tight for another 4 months. Then back up for more tests at that point. All in all things came back good, but we are not out of the woods, so to speak.
Hazel came with us to this appt. and that meant a lot to Ashton. She had never been to Primary Childrens before and wanted to see what it's all about. So we had a lot of us there, cause the girls came also.
(So these pictures are being really weird going in funny places and I just lost one of Ashton having his ultrasound. Ugh!!)
The next day, Tuesday, we had the opportunity to go to Lagoon. The four big kids, Nate, Hazel, Ambrea and Keanna, all went together and Gma and Gpa kept Savannah and Jaxon and Ashton hung out with us. Jaxon was just happy all day long. He was so good to just sit in his stroller and look at everything around him. Gma was in heaven getting to spend so much time with him. :)
Savannah kept Gpa going all the time. She would want to go from one ride to another. But Gpa had to carry her. Ashton was able to go on a few rides with her.

Even Jaxon got to go on a ride. He just looked around the whole time.
A picture of the big kids on the Rocket. I use to could go on all those fun rides. But not anymore. Either I get sick or too much anxiety. I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack.

The next day, Wednesday, we went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open-house. It is a very beautiful temple and we are thankful we had the opportunity to attend.

Some of the beautiful flowers on the temple grounds.
After that we headed back to mom and dad's. They had watched our two little dogs for us so we needed to pick them up. We had dinner with them and then headed on home. We got home very late but what a fun time we had.
(So this post turned out very weird. The pictures went into funny places and I lost two of them. I apologize, but I have no idea what happened. And it is getting late. That alarm at 6:30 comes way to fast.)

1 comment:

Mike and Meg said...

My uncle used to own the rights to the river at Big Rock. I remember it being fun too. It's been years.
Your grand kids are adorable. Savannah is so big.
I hope everything goes well with Ashton. Keep me updated and tell your parents hi for me.